FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK 2012 VIDEO PLAYLIST

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Steve Jobs: How to live before you die

Steve Jobs: How to live before you die




At this Stanford University commencement speech, Steve Jobs, CEO and co-founder of Apple and Pixar, urges us to pursue our dreams and see the opportunities in life's setbacks -- including death itself. As CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs spearheaded a few of the most iconic products in technology, entertainment and design. I am so impressed by this speech, and tell you how working for Steve Jobs for 5 years have changed my life and made me the women I am today. 

I really appreciate Jobs cause this speech completely changed my life; In 2005 I was employed by Apple Computers as a creative. At that time I was a senior in College attending Lehman College in the Bronx. One would think that I applied for the job our Knew a great deal about Apple, but that was not the case. While studying Computer Graphic in College I was selected for a competition with my college to showcase my work. Long story short I came in second in this competition for my video reel presentation. My work got out and Apple found me and invited me on an interview, that interview was the being of my life in corporate America.
I got the job and worked for Apple for 5 years. While working at Apple I had the opportunity to meet some of the most influential & talented people in the fashion, art, music, film entertainment industry. Moved by there stories and experience in the industry, the idea to create my company “THE NEW YORK FAME” came to me, I pitched it to a few of my industry mentors like Maurice Dubois, Maria Snyder and Keith David, who encourage me to step out on faith and pursue my dream and passion to start my company. Today I am the CEO of the New York Fame and it as grown in it first 2 years as a successful production company.
Listening to Jobs speech reminds me of the passion I ha when starting my company, the challenges I face and why its worthy of pursuing our dreams and what we love.  We should not accept the fact that life is what it is. We have only tried to survive it not suffering too much. We should discover a simple fact that everything we called "life" was made up for people were no smart then we are. We can build it, we can change it, we can influence. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

By Melisa Brown

Source: 
http://www.ted.com/themes/best_of_the_web.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/steve_jobs_how_to_live_before_you_die.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPONSOR EXCLUSIVE INVITE

THE NEW YORK FAME ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING STRATEGIC PARTNERS FOR THIS PRESTIGIOUS EVENT FAME ROCKS FASHION WEEK 2012!